When you visit Pittsburgh, you become part of our community. The experience isn’t like that of other cities. You feel it almost immediately. It’s the friendly hellos and personal recommendations from locals of where to go and what you have to see while visiting. It’s in the way our city opens up to you as you drive through the Fort Pitt tunnel. It’s the connections that our bridges create. We invite you to come to Pittsburgh and experience the welcoming atmosphere for yourself. We invite you to pull up a chair, because you are welcomed here.
For the Globally Minded
- InterNations Pittsburgh hosts informal monthly events for expatriates to meet globally-minded people from around the corner and around the world who make their home in Pittsburgh
- VibrantPittsburgh helps businesses to attract and retain a diverse workforce, and offers welcoming resources and events for newcomers
- The World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh offers programs for students and the community to deepen understanding of contemporary international issues
- International Women’s Association of Pittsburgh is a friendly group of and for women from different countries, cultures and backgrounds
- Global Pittsburgh organizes events for international students and professionals
- The Global Switchboard fosters effective global engagement and inclusive dialogue
- The American Middle East Institute is focused on building business, educational and cultural ties between the United States and the countries of the Middle East
- Japan-America Society of Pennsylvania is the region’s premiere organization for educational, business, and arts activities related to Japan and Japan-America relations
- Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is the principal regional advocate for the Hispanic business community’s civic and economic interests
- Several cultural/heritage organizations welcome newcomers and host public events, including the Latin American Cultural Union (LACU), Britsburgh, Asian Professionals of Pittsburgh and the Union of African Communities in Southwestern PA, to name just a few
Valuable regional news media sources include the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, TribLIVE.com, Pittsburgh Business Times, Pittsburgh City Paper, online source for Pgh news about movers and shakers moving the region forward NEXTPittsburgh, 90.5 FM WESA (part of National Public Radio), Pittsburgh Patch, PublicSource, Pittsburgh Magazine, Pittsburgh Quarterly and New Pittsburgh Courier.